We treat the care and wellbeing of your Canine companion with great importance. We need to be strict with the following criteria. All canine guests run free with us and live as part of the family, with no restrictions. We have to ensure that we give you complete confidence that all our guests are evaluated in every way before they stay with us.
Canine guests are required to…
- Be neutered. For female Canine guests we require a letter verifying this from your chosen vet.
- Be micro-chipped.
- Be a minimum of one year old.
- Have up to date vaccinations certificates for Canine Distemper, Infectious Canine Parvovirus, Parainfluenza, Leptospirosis & Bordetella ( Kennel cough).
- Have up to date flea ,tick & worming treatments (For intestinal , lung & heart worm ).
- Be well behaved and friendly towards all other canine’s & humans, with no food or treat aggression or any other forms of behavioural issues.
- Walk well on the leash and have at least average recall & basic instruction understanding.
Then before we confirm a holiday booking ……
Your Canine companion will have to spend the day with us. We will walk them , introduce them to other dogs as well as our own , play with them & generally assess behaviour in a wide range of situations. Once we feel that content that they have passed the vetting process. We will then proceed to confirm your reservation with us.
Collection & drop off
We offer guests and their owner’s peace of mind. Boghall Canine Country Retreat only offers transport in our Land Rover Discovery.
If booked in well in advance we can offer collection and drop off. (Up to 20 miles each way & subject to availability).
Please ask for further information on tariffs.